2014-2015 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
quiktrip said:

They said they don't accept updates after January. However, I did upload the update letter (I had a publication in very prestigious journal). I'm not sure if it played a role.
GPA 3.9 from top10 undergraduate, ~35 MCAT, IS
I did submit a letter of intent

I have heard of a similar situation with a guy who went to my undergrad university. Right after he updated them with a publication, they accepted him. But your stats are pretty impressive, so it may not have mattered. Seeing your numbers, and seeing that you were only just pulled from the list, I can only hope that they will have some mercy for me. Anyways, congrats again!
~~~~~~~

"Quicktrip" MUST HAVE fallen thru the applicant cracks at MCG somehow...s/he is WAY ABOVE THE AVERAGE at MCG for Lizzy M scores, and IS
. Seriously, 3.9 at a Top 10 and a MCAT +4 above their average? S/he could have gotten into BCM or Vandy (both top level Lizzy M's), and certainly Emory (a weird place period; undergrad alum here). Should have been a slam dunk at MCG unless conspicuously flatulent or supercilious (arrogant) during the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
quiktrip said:

They said they don't accept updates after January. However, I did upload the update letter (I had a publication in very prestigious journal). I'm not sure if it played a role.
GPA 3.9 from top10 undergraduate, ~35 MCAT, IS
I did submit a letter of intent

~~~~~~~

"Quicktrip" MUST HAVE fallen thru the applicant cracks at MCG somehow...s/he is WAY ABOVE THE AVERAGE at MCG for Lizzy M scores, and IS
. Seriously, 3.9 at a Top 10 and a MCAT +4 above their average? S/he could have gotten into BCM or Vandy (both top level Lizzy M's), and certainly Emory (a weird place period; undergrad alum here). Should have been a slam dunk at MCG unless conspicuously flatulent or supercilious (arrogant) during the interview.

My MCAT was very unbalanced. That may have played a role. I submitted late + didn't really spend much time on application etc. Honestly, I'm surprised that I got off the waitlist and I'm grateful. I was doing "reapplication" and when I was re-writing everything on my application, so many people said my application can improve a lot.
Oh, and plus, I really didn't have a good clinical experience (I was told that this is my biggest problem)

Anyways, I'm grateful for the acceptance, and hopefully, I can get into some good residency programs.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if all the half- and full-Harrison scholarships have been awarded yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a phone call saying I've been accepted off the waitlist so I guess there is still some movement. They said matriculation begins Aug 3rd

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats. Yes actually some things start this week but orientation officially starts Aug 3. Join the Facebook group. There is a roommate spreadsheet of people looking for roommates.

I just got a phone call saying I've been accepted off the waitlist so I guess there is still some movement. They said matriculation begins Aug 3rd

I got a call this morning too and was accepted off of the waitlist!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

Last edited:

When did they tell you that you would receive your email with the next steps in it? I am so anxious to know where I will be!

When did they tell you that you would receive your email with the next steps in it? I am so anxious to know where I will be!

Make the assumption it is Augusta. You can also look on the website with the secondary as they are not taking notes as long as they did with the rest of us.

I got a call this morning too and was accepted off of the waitlist!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

To the two who were accepted from the list this morning, would you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA was a 3.81 and MCAT of 29. I sent an update about a new shadowing experience of about 150 hours and also an A that I made in Human Anatomy summer session class. This was my second year applying!

My GPA was a 3.81 and MCAT of 29. I sent an update about a new shadowing experience of about 150 hours and also an A that I made in Human Anatomy summer session class. This was my second year applying!

Those are pretty similar to my stats, but with not so much shadowing. Maybe I'm next, fingers crossed! Congrats again and thanks for sharing!

To the two who were accepted from the list this morning, would you mind sharing your stats?

I had a 3.9 gpa but a 26 mcat. I took it without taking physics 2 so I sent an update about how I did in that class and others. Honestly I believe my interview played a huge role because I thought it went really well. My interviewer and I talked for over an hour so I definitely think that had something to do with my acceptance.

However, I don't think I will be attending MCG so goodluck to everybody on the wait list!

I had a 3.9 gpa but a 26 mcat. I took it without taking physics 2 so I sent an update about how I did in that class and others. Honestly I believe my interview played a huge role because I thought it went really well. My interviewer and I talked for over an hour so I definitely think that had something to do with my acceptance.

However, I don't think I will be attending MCG so goodluck to everybody on the wait list!

Congrats on the acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, where did you decide to attend?

I just got the call from Dr. Khan...3 days before orientation I've been accepted off the waitlist!

Last edited:
Congrats! What are your stats, if you do not mind?
3.2 gpa, 31 MCAT, MS in Pre-Clinical Sciences. I scribed in an ED for over a year and had tons of varied clinical experiences before that too.

I think that it is safe to assume at this point, that if the call has not been received, then it is time to focus on the next cycle. Sigh...+pity+

EDP accepted today! Before I gorge myself on pizza to celebrate, here are my stats:

cGPA/sGPA: 3.9x/3.8x I think
Mcat 32, 12:10:10
5 credit hours research with no publications, decent amount of EC's
1 MD LOR
In state

Good luck to everyone! I hope to see you all in August 2015!!

Congratulations on your acceptance, @ygu8! What was your EDP interview date? Thanks!

For those of you who matriculated at MCG this (2014-2015) cycle, when were you able to access your student email account and JAG ID? Admissions told me that it would be some time "after the first of the year," but well over half a month has passed since the first of the year and my inbox is conspicuously devoid of any such instructions. I'd like to at least be given my student ID number and access to my student account so that I can apply for on-campus housing as early as possible.

(I was accepted September 2016 [EDP] for the 2016-2017 cycle and immediately sent in my signed commitment to matriculate and acceptance deposit check, so the Admissions office has had those documents for months now. I also completed and passed my background check months ago.)

Last edited: