DAT 2013 DAT Destroyer Power Pack!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We are raffling our 2013 Power Pack in the SDN test prep raffle, which includes the 2013 DAT Destroyer, 2013 Math Destroyer and 2013 Organic Chemistry Odyssey. Good luck to everyone who enter.

"Winners will be chosen from amongst those who ask questions or otherwise contribute meaningfully to discussion.”

The 2013 DAT Destroyer has many new problems in Biology, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry. These new problems are essential to maximize your score on the DAT as they reflect the newer DAT type problems that are likely to be seen. I have put much time into this 2013 edition and feel it is truly the best, and I am sure you will be delighted. The Destroyer is a tough book but with practice you will be ready to Destroy the DAT.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2013 POWER PACK.jpg
    2013 POWER PACK.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
First off, thanks for putting the time into this book - I've found the 2012 version an invaluable resource so far while studying for the DAT. The book is highly regarded in the DAT forum, and is almost always credited to some extent in "breakdowns" of those who have done extremely well on the exam. I do have a few questions for you:

1. About how many questions per section have been added to the 2013 destroyer? Depending on how significant the changes are, I'd be interested in upgrading to the newest version.

2. I've noticed Math Destroyer is significantly more difficult than DAT Destroyer QR. I'm curious, based on student feedback, which book do you feel more accurately represents the material on the actual exam?

3. Have you ever considered grouping questions in the book into topic-specific sections? Ie, for biology, having an "ecology" section and a "physiology" section and so on? While it is clear all topics are covered throughout the book, having questions grouped into topics might provide students with a better idea of where they are strong, and which topics may need more extensive material review.

Thanks again for such a comprehensive product and for participating in this event!

Hey orgoman22, it's so nice to hear from you! I am about to start prepping for the DAT, but wanted to get some more info before I purchase the Destroyer.

I was wondering whether you can give us some more specific information about the difference between the 2013 version and the 2012 or the 2011 version of the Destroyer. Money is tight, so I'm trying to figure out whether buying the newest version is the best investment or whether an older version will be just fine. About what % of questions are the same between the versions?

Once I get the book, what is the recommended way of using it? I've seen "breakdowns" where people will just work the problems in the sections in order or where people will break the problems into "practice exam" blocks using a certain # of questions from each section and work them that way. What would you recommend and why?

Does the DAT Destroyer have any PAT, QR, or RC questions? I never see that mentioned in any of the breakdowns, so I was wondering what sections were actually included in the book--is it just the sciences?

Additionally, have you ever thought of putting the Destroyer on the internet to simulate the DAT more accurately (since it is a computer-based exam) and having people pay for subscriptions versus buy the Destroyer as a physical copy?

Never actually used it but heard all good stuff about it! I have actually done the UKCAT (UK clinical aptitude test) which is a similar version to DAT and my score were just slightly above the average so I really need to start from a month or so

Members don't see this ad :)
Loved using the destroyer while I was studying for the DAT last summer!

Last edited:
Hello Orgoman, I plan on taking the DAT this upcoming summer, and it's a no-brainer to include the DAT Destroyer in my set of practice materials. I have been reading breakdowns here on SDN for advice by people who score above average, and the DAT Destroyer has hands down been the most recommended set of practice tests to fully prepare yourself for the actual DAT. There seems to be a lot of debate as to whether or not the DAT has gotten significantly harder over the past few years, and I was wondering if we could get your opinion on the matter. I appreciate you putting your time and effort into your product, and I believe it shows in the gratifying scores people have been getting lately.

Hi Orgoman,

I was wondering besides the PAT and RC sections, what is the difference between the destroyer for the DAT and the OAT? I have an old OAT destroyer book and to me, the questions basically very similar to those being tested on the DAT. Are the science questions in the OAT and DAT the same/pretty similar?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "newer DAT type problems"? Does this pertain to the entire test as a whole or only certain sections?

You only mentioned new bio, ochem and gchem questions...are there any new PAT and/or QR questions? Did you replace these new questions with old ones or are these additional questions (ie, there are more practice questions in the 2013 edition).

Thank you.

I am yet to start on studying for DAT but I plan on taking the DAT this summer.

How do you recommend using the DAT Destroyer?

and how is the DAT Destroyer better than other prep books?

Thank you.

Hi Orgoman,

I'm interested in the destroyer package. I've seen my friends package and the questions were scrambled for Organic Chemistry, and was wondering why is it like that? Wouldn't it be better to organize the questions chapter by chapter instead of it all being random?

Last edited: