2013-2014 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I last spoke to admissions, they said they were making the waitlist on May 15th. So far there hasn't been any news. They also said that they were in fact going to admit people

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Past threads seem to indicate that before June 1st we can expect to either get a rejection via status change (final decision and no additional correspondence tab) or receive a waitlist letter saying you are in the first quartile

Past threads seem to indicate that before June 1st we can expect to either get a rejection via status change (final decision and no additional correspondence tab) or receive a waitlist letter saying you are in the first quartile
Trying to glean what that would mean for us decision pending since interview. Are we expecting the status change of doom after tomorrow? Or are we thinking the list was made and we don't know if were on it get. Ugh!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really don't understand what is going on. All I know is that people will be admitted sometime in the bear future

Talked to admissions today. If you are still "Decision Pending" you can still be accepted, rejected, or waitlisted at this point. She said they do intend to be making more acceptance offers. They have not met and constructed the official waitlist post-May 15 yet.

Talked to admissions today. If you are still "Decision Pending" you can still be accepted, rejected, or waitlisted at this point. She said they do intend to be making more acceptance offers. They have not met and constructed the official waitlist post-May 15 yet.
Thanks for saving a few of us phone calls. How long have you been pending?

Got call this morning. Accepted !!!! Good Luck to everyone on "Decision Pending".

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks Patrick. 3.7. Status changed to additional correspondence

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted yesterday through a phone call!!!

However, my status on the application page still has not changed and I haven't gotten an email invitation to join the class yet, has anyone else who got accepted received any more materials after getting the call?

Reactions: 3 users
I take it the recent accepted SDNers are unaware of their campus placement at this point? Or were you able to choose a campus site (based on current openings) over the phone (this may only apply to waitlist acceptances tho based on past threads)?

Has anyone who hasn't received a phone call been updated in any way from Decision Pending?

I was recently accepted last Friday. From my conservation with Linda Singleton it sounded like we could tell her our preference and that we had a high chance of getting our campus site. However, it didn't sound like a 100% guarantee. not sure Also! I just withdrew my application, the tuition including summer semesters was just too high for out of state :(

I just got the call! I have until tomorrow to choose between Peoria and Chicago campuses; right now I'm leaning towards Chicago. I was "Decision Pending" since interviewing in December - don't lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got the call! I have until tomorrow to choose between Peoria and Chicago campuses; right now I'm leaning towards Chicago. I was "Decision Pending" since interviewing in December - don't lose hope!

Congrats!
I just got the call this morning and chose Chicago!
Really - don't lose hope. Pending since February interview, California applicant.
Sent three letters of interest, with no updates of any kind to speak of, with 21 days span between each letter.
!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted.

OOS, Interview End Of Feb, decision pending no status change

Chicago campus. Got call this morning.

To those waiting to hear, please don't ever give up. Three application cycles and lots of heart ache later it worked out. Keep the faith.

PS I know someone posted it somewhere so forgive me, but when does class start?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted.

OOS, Interview End Of Feb, decision pending no status change

Chicago campus. Got call this morning.

To those waiting to hear, please don't ever give up. Three application cycles and lots of heart ache later it worked out. Keep the faith.

PS I know someone posted it somewhere so forgive me, but when does class start?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy you got in :) The first day of classes is August 18 and orientation is August 12-15 for Chicago. http://chicago.medicine.uic.edu/student_services/osa/

Any advice on parking on Chicago campus? Has anyone purchased a permit?

Just got the acceptance call earlier today. Interviewed mid October, decision pending since November. Honestly, I was starting to get things together to reapply when I got the call. So everyone still waiting, don't lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey there I was able to always find free street parking without need for a permit. There is also a parking lot about 3 blocks near by and again it doesn't require a permit (at least when I was there back in 2012 lol) It is really first come, first serve, but I always found a spot.
Thank you!! Just saved me a lot of $$$

Are your exam scores compared with the exams of other campuses?

can any current students shed light on classes? for M1, how many are mandatory? Do they record lecture videos for all classes? I study better by watching class videos at home.... I tend to fall asleep in class....

Has anyone else still not received a decision? I called last Thurs and they said I was still under review. June 1st pasted with no change. Called today and they said maybe by the end of the week. Got the same treatment from Indiana too.
This sucks.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else still not received a decision? I called last Thurs and they said I was still under review. June 1st pasted with no change. Called today and they said maybe by the end of the week. Got the same treatment from Indiana too.
This sucks.
I'm in the same boat. When I called last Thu they said they were a bit backed up and to wait until next (this current) week. She did say that they will still be giving out acceptances. Fingers crossed.

I'm in the same boat. When I called last Thu they said they were a bit backed up and to wait until next (this current) week. She did say that they will still be giving out acceptances. Fingers crossed.
Is anyone else as miffed about their apparent lack of responsibility with these 'decision pending' statuses? Especially considering that they said June 1, and then it came it went with no recognition or even an email? I'm just venting here, but like many others I've been decision pending for MONTHS now, at this point it's like, **** or get off the pot already UIC.

Is anyone else as miffed about their apparent lack of responsibility with these 'decision pending' statuses? Especially considering that they said June 1, and then it came it went with no recognition or even an email? I'm just venting here, but like many others I've been decision pending for MONTHS now, at this point it's like, **** or get off the pot already UIC.
Absolutely I am. I've been pending since December. I have an apt deal riding on this decision and I probably won't be able to get the apt as a result. I'm really not happy about it. But I was told today that they are still giving acceptances and I might (yes might) hear by the end of the week. Oh and they might call or send something through the mail.

Good luck people. I hope your hearts survive the week and you don't get ulcers...

Congrats!
I just got the call this morning and chose Chicago!
Really - don't lose hope. Pending since February interview, California applicant.
Sent three letters of interest, with no updates of any kind to speak of, with 21 days span between each letter.
!!!
Just wondering: how long after your last letter did you hear back? Thanks!

Has anyone who withdrew gotten their deposit back yet??

Can anyone enlighten me about the housing/dorm options and locations for med students at Chicago? Is it shared with undergrads? Also, I can't seem to distinguish the med school from online maps - are 1st and 2nd year classes on the west side of campus near the medical facilities and hospitals?
Coming from California and interviewed at Peoria...
Thanks!

This sucks.

I was in the same boat until Friday. Just a heads up as to how they notified me: I received an email about an update in my status stating that I should call back by Monday. Also, the facebook group for the UPR track is only at 76 members. I understand that not everyone has facebook or will necessarily join, but given that there are 50 spots each for Peoria and Rockford and 25ish for Urbana, that is still a considerable amount missing.

I was in the same boat until Friday. Just a heads up as to how they notified me: I received an email about an update in my status stating that I should call back by Monday. Also, the facebook group for the UPR track is only at 76 members. I understand that not everyone has facebook or will necessarily join, but given that there are 50 spots each for Peoria and Rockford and 25ish for Urbana, that is still a considerable amount missing.
Any idea about the Chicago campus? And has anyone heard anything so far this week?

Have you heard back?
Nope, I have not. I called to confirm they received my email after I sent it and tried to get info about when I'd find out.. lady did not have a definite answer said something the long the lines of between now and August..

Hi again everyone. So I just got off the phone with an admissions counselor. She said the committee still hasn't release decisions and while she was expecting them to do so by the end of this week, it's not looking like they will. She does believe they are still accepting but she did not know which campuses still had spots. She also said that acceptances will likely be delivered by phone call, rejections by mail, and she was unsure about waitlist.

This has been excruciating. To everyone to has yet to receive a decision, best of luck.