2011 Public Health Associate Program (PHAP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNCGrad10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I applied to the 2011 PHAP and was wondering if anyone has been notified of a phone interview. According to the time line, applicants should be notified mid-April.

Members don't see this ad.

--

Last edited:
Yup, I haven't heard anything either. I e-mailed them to ask if applicants have been notified yet. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! :) I am guessing/hoping that they might be a little behind after discussions of a possible government shutdown. I applied last year as well and was notified of a phone interview April 12, so I was thinking it would be a similar time line this year, if not earlier, because of the transfer from a paper based system to an online process.

Good luck everyone! :)

So here it is what the response said:

"At this time, all applicants are in review status and applicants will be notified in the near future (through the status update on the PHAP application site) of their application status.

Thank you.
PHAP"

Were you notified through the website last year as well? Thanks!

Thanks for that information! Last year they didn't use a website submission system. Applicants just had to email their cover letter and resume to an email address. Because they received so many applications last year (~1500), they decided to use an online application system this year. Hopefully we'll hear something in the next week or so!

Good luck everyone! :)

fyi: a friend of mine was notified of a phone interview (via email) yesterday...she's applying from undergrad.

-waystinthyme

Congrats to your friend! I checked my website status and it says:

"Application Status

Review of your application for PHAP is complete.

Congratulations, you have been selected to interview.

Please check your e-mail for instructions on the interview process."

I have not received the e-mail yet but I am guessing they'll be sending it soon. I do not know if they are updating everyone's status at the same time... Good luck everyone!

<>

Last edited:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has the web address to check to see the application status? Thank you.

For future applicants- I was selected for a position with PHAP Class of 2011. Feel free to PM me with any questions that you may have. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all the 2011 PHAP associates. As a 2010 associate I look forward to meeting you in Atlanta at the end of the month.
If anyone has any questions about the program feel free to pm me.

Did anyone apply for the PHAP 2012? Have you heard back about your status yet?

I applied this year, but I have not heard anything. They said interviews would be extended in May, but I'm wondering if they fell behind due to volume of applicants.

I had my interview scheduled last week and performed this week, so I would think you should hear soon.

My status still says my application is being reviewed. It is getting later than usual, but I think they have a lot more applicants than prior years.

I thought they had less applicants this year? I wonder why the statuses haven't been updated yet. It's getting pretty close to June and according to the timeline that's when offers are to be extended. I wonder what the hold up is?

I applied to the PHAP 2012 and I interviewed last week. My interviewer mentioned that there were 2200 applicants this year. More than all the past years, wow! She said they were interviewing through this week as well and that we should find out our status by June 18.

I checked today and statuses for interviews are up. Good luck everyone :)

I had my interview on 5/14/12. My interviewer said that the first week in June would be when offers would be made by phone.

I know of a couple of people who were offered positions at the end of last week (before their statuses were even changed to reflect that they'd been selected for an interview!). I have not yet heard back for myself, but I was told that all final selections will be made "in early June."

I got an offer call today from the PHAP. Anyone else hear back from them too? Good luck to you all! &#128522;

nope. my interviewer said that each applicant would be given a rating and that they would be going down the list from highest rating to lowest. It's already Wednesday, if I haven't heard back by now I'm guessing that I won't be getting a phone call.

What is the difference between the PHAP and the junior/senior co-step programs?

Thanks.

Congrats FoxyD! I also received an offer and I have accepted. Hope to see you in GA!

Last edited:
I was also given an interview and accepted for PHAP 2012. Looking forward to the meeting in Atlanta! :)

I had an interview middle of May and i haven't heard anything back yet.
Do anyone know if they are done calling applicants?

I applied to the 2013 PHAP application. I was wondering did anyone from the previous years get an email stating what their rating is? I'm curious about if the rating is out of an overall points system they have or if it is your ranking position out of the total number of applicants. Thank you for your help and I hope everyone is doing well!

-Lalida

Hey Lalida,
Not a previous applicant (I'm actually a current applicant hahahaha), but the rating is not a ranking of how we relate to other applicants, but it's a ranking of our qualifications based on the questionnaire. Each of your own responses was weighted into your own score. In terms of the ranking for qualifications, over 90 = well-qualified like an A in a course, so think of it as A/B/C/D range. Some people might be able to score over 100, but the "extra credit" comes from veteran status.

I was also given an interview and accepted for PHAP 2012. Looking forward to the meeting in Atlanta! :)

hello demanda and kbaketm, you both were accepted into the PHAP program, i have an interview coming up this thursday, any do you remember what the interview was like and the questions that were asked? any information would be helpful for i am extremly nervous:scared:

Hey Lalida,
Not a previous applicant (I'm actually a current applicant hahahaha), but the rating is not a ranking of how we relate to other applicants, but it's a ranking of our qualifications based on the questionnaire. Each of your own responses was weighted into your own score. In terms of the ranking for qualifications, over 90 = well-qualified like an A in a course, so think of it as A/B/C/D range. Some people might be able to score over 100, but the "extra credit" comes from veteran status.

Hey Lalida and suushi, have you gotten your interview as of yet? if so what were the details like questions asked?

Last edited:
Hey 2013 interviewees, anybody hear back yet if they were selected?

Hello, do any of the phap alums have any advice for making the move? So far we have been instructed to not contact the place where we've been assigned, which is frustrating because that would give us a point of contact for moving advice. Is support from phap good throughout the program? Because so far it hasn't been the greatest, and everything is getting very last minute. Any advice is very appreciated :)