USMLE/COMLEX 20% off & FREE Shipping on First Aid Radiology for the Wards Review!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrawHillMed

MH Medical Test Prep
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
20% off and FREE Shipping on First Aid Radiology for the Wards Review!

0071381015.jpeg

The Student-to-Student, Step-by-Step Guide to Radiology Clerkship Success
This survival guide for the radiology wards teaches you how to read and present normal and abnormal x-rays, CTs, and MRIs for the most commonly seen diseases and disorders. You'll find 150 radiologic images divided by modality, clear guidelines on when to order a specific modality and how to read the results, and illustrations of classic results of important conditions.

Detailed advice from radiology clerkship veterans help you:
  • Prepare for and take the test
  • Perform a basic study
  • Determine if a film is adequate
  • Present each study on the ward
  • Spot the strengths and weaknesses of studies
  • Recognize basic anatomical structures
  • Identify abnormal conditions
Click here to get the special price and shipping offer!* Offer is good until Friday, February 6th.

Leave us your thoughts and questions on this incredible First Aid resource!

:xf:McGraw-Hill Companies will be giving away one copy of this title to one lucky member! Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Join our Mailing List for your choice of free e-newsletters and special offers.

*Discount only applies to books ordered directly from McGraw-Hill website

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How helpful is this book for clerkships other than radiology? Does it help you interpret films when you're in a different clerkship, such as pediatrics?

1. Does the book come with online access?
2. Does the book include any tear-away flash-card/pocket reference cards that contain high-yield information and can easily be kept in a coat pocket?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would this book be useful for students doing 4th year electives in surgery?

I've trusted the First Aid series for all of my test preparation needs and plan on getting this one to help me ace my radiology rotation.

Does the book include high yield content as well as question and answers and if so how many?

This book should be useful in interpreting films throughout rotations. Includes high-yield sections on Neuro, Chest, Gastro, Genitourinary, OB/GYN, Musculoskeletal, Pediatric Radiology.

First Aid Radiology for the Wards is useful in every rotation. It is a solid primer of common imaging techniques: pros and cons, when to order, and what to look for. It includes normal as well as abnormal results. This book will help you learn to interpret films/studies so you shine when an attending or resident pimps you during rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.