USMLE/COMLEX 20% off & FREE Shipping on First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS Review!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrawHillMed

MH Medical Test Prep
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
20% off and FREE Shipping on First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills Review!

A STUDENT TO STUDENT GUIDE

• The top-selling CS review book written by students and IMGs who recently passed
  • 100+ high-yield minicases by chief complaint
  • 30 complete cases simulate the exam experience
  • Contains new Patient Encounters, including telephone interviews
  • Perfect for group or solo study
YOUR COMPLETE CS SURVIVAL GUIDE FROM THE AUTHORS OF FIRST AID FOR THE USMLE STEP 1

INSIDER ADVICE FOR STEP 2 CS SUCCESS

• New miniguide shows US students and IMGs how best to use this book
  • Revised by test veterans to reflect the 2005--2006 exam experience
  • Each complete case features standardized patient checklists and a recommended clinical approach
  • Minicases represent the major chief complaints and diagnoses seen on the Step 2 CS
  • Proven strategies for the patient encounter and patient note
  • High-yield, must-know facts on patient diagnosis and workup
Click here to get the special price and shipping offer!* Offer is good until Friday, February 6th.

Leave us your thoughts and questions on this incredible First Aid resource!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I find that this book is a good review for my ward standardized patient practice exams. Does anyone have an opinion on it for the Step 2 CS exam?

I've heard First Aid CS is a great book. I'll definitely be getting it before Step 2 CS.
Do you happen to have a sample page to show us?

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Does the book come with online access?
2. Does the book include any tear-away flash-card/pocket reference cards that contain high-yield information and can easily be kept in a coat pocket?

I've also heard this book is a great source for CS. I have an old copy that has been filled out and is falling apart that I've used for our rotation sp's. I desperately need a new copy before CS.

I find it difficult to prepare for these types of test and would greatly appreciate any help. I like that the FA series is written by students who have actually taken the test.

I find that this book is a good review for my ward standardized patient practice exams. Does anyone have an opinion on it for the Step 2 CS exam?
Every fourth year I know has said that this book is all you need. A few people mentioned getting a case or two that was not in the book, but most of the cases are apparently covered. The other thing is that the book tells you what non-medical things the examiner is looking for you to do, such as wash your hands, call the patient by their name, etc.

is there electronic version of this book for PDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.