USMLE/COMLEX 20% off & FREE Shipping on First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 Review!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrawHillMed

MH Medical Test Prep
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
20% off and FREE Shipping on First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 Review

Trust the world's #1 selling medical review book to help you excel on the USMLE Step 1!

This annually updated collection of the most frequently tested high-yield facts and mnemonics delivers everything you need to pass the most anxiety-provoking exam of your career. Written by students who just passed the boards, this is the undisputed "bible" of USMLE Step 1 preparation -- used by more than half-a-million students.
  • 1100+ must-know facts and mnemonics organized by organ systems and general principles
  • Hundreds of high-yield clinical images you need to know before the exam -- including 24 pages of full-color photos
  • Rapid review section for last minute cramming
  • Ratings of 300+ top products based on the authors' annual survey of US Medical students
  • Updated test-taking advice from USMLE veterans
  • Strategies that maximize your study time and deliver real results
Click here to get the special price and shipping offer!* Offer is good until Friday, February 6th.

Leave us your thoughts and questions on this incredible First Aid resource!

:xf:McGraw-Hill Companies will be giving away one copy of this title to one lucky member! Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Join our Mailing List for your choice of free e-newsletters and special offers.

*Discount only applies to books ordered directly from McGraw-Hill website

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When do the new editions come out for this? And would I want to wait to get a new edition if I'm taking the boards next summer? Ideally, I would want to get it now so I can familiarize myself with the layout and start integrating the material as I go through the module systems at my school.

Does the content change much from year to year?

When do the new editions come out for this?

If I recall correctly, it's in December.

Any online supplemental materials? Maybe having access to book if I leave mine at school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Some other study aids are helpful for reviewing or highlighting important/high yield concepts for basic science courses. A few questions to clarify:

Would it be helpful to have First Aid as I go through first year classes? Should I wait for an edition closer to my test year?
How is it organized?

Last edited:
how is this any different from the 2008?

I bought this book but didn't read it page to page - which I fully regret. I scored well on step 1, but there were questions on my usmle straight from this book

I would love to avail of this offer, however when I "check-out" online it says that I have no items in my cart to check-out, despite the fact that I have it in my cart. I am trying to have the book shipped overseas, so I am wondering if this offer is only available for delivery within the US? If not, perhaps my question is better directed to your technical support.

Does the new edition of this book contain question-answers?

I have an old edition of this and found it really helpful in my basic science years. Would love to get the latest version for step 1 study!

The content is completely updated each year based on extensive student feedback from the most recent test.

It is organized with a General Principles section, followed by an Organ Systems section (the bulk of the book). Some students buy more than one edition of the book, to use as a guideline during courses for USMLE and then closer to the test, for information on the most recent test. It really depends on your learning and studying style.

The content is completely updated each year based on extensive student feedback from the most recent test.

It is a high yield review. For Q&A you can go to First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 Q&A, with 1,000 Q&A tied the main book.

Status
Not open for further replies.