2 months till AOBIM pulmonary boards!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soccer171983

living the dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am taking the AOBIM pulmonary boards this August 29th. I was wondering if anyone with experience has any further recommendations that I need to do studying wise. I have read the ats book, an nearly done with all the videos from the pulmonary review on demand from CHEST, I have done the SEEK questions. ALso, any pearls or words of wisdom on passing this test would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You will be fine. Keep doing seek questions till you done them all or time comes.
You have done more than enough!

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Passed. ATS read x 2. Seek x 3. ACCP online lectures with review of slides x 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pulm test is an ok but not great test, larger issues it is poorly proctored and why do we have to fly to Chicago? just wait to you see the bs that is the aobim cc test. I’m not sure any amount of preparing will set you up for guaranteed success for the level or idiotic esotericism on that test.

Well I just took the AOBIM initial certification pulmonary exam. That has to be the most horribly written board exam I have taken to date. The imaging was blurry, questions were out of date, and at least 30% of the questions I never in a million years would have studied. I feel SEEK/ATS were completely inadequate. Anyone else feel the same? Wish I had signed up for the ABIM since there pass rate is 96-98% every year but it's too late now. Anyone know the pass rate for the AOBIM? I'm feeling so defeated and I studied for months. :(