MCAT 2 Full-length Gold Standard MCAT Practice Tests To Be Given Away For Free!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are excited to participate again in SDN's annual Test Prep Week!

Two (2) Gold Standard full-length MCAT practice tests (GS-1 and GS-2) with two months access will be given free to two lucky winners within May 18-22, 2015.

1220cc9b079e8c359d9db4c61e0e998d.jpg

It's easy! Just join the raffle by posting questions about the product in this thread.

About the product:

· The Gold Standard MCAT practice tests simulate the real MCAT

· Covers all four MCAT sections

· Comes with 3 hours of MCAT videos to help you understand the practice test question explanations.

· Besides the full-length GS-1 and GS-2 practice tests that you could win, your account also comes with one free abbreviated MCAT practice test 'GS-Free' with different practice questions. All tests come with answer, helpful explanations and automated scaled scoring.

Learn more here: Gold Standard MCAT practice tests

Good luck to all!

A review of Gold Standard MCAT Prep's practice tests:

"I took the MCAT a little over a year ago, studying with some other test-prep company, following their schedule to a tee, and ended up scoring a 26. This time around, I decided to do more of a self-study method and accidentally ran across the Gold Standard MCAT prep when searching for the best practice tests. I took the free trail test and was sold! I instantly bought the 10 practice tests and took every one of them. Through the course of the tests, my average went from a 29 to 32-33 consistently.

I loved that Mcat-prep has a forum where you can ask questions about the tricky test questions, but more than likely, someone else has already asked your same question, so you can get a detailed answer instantly! I don't think that you can find this feature with any other test-prep company. I also LOVED the videos, as they helped drive home some of the more difficult topics for me. Overall, Gold Standard was the biggest help in transforming my 26 into a 33, after just two months of studying. Thank you, thank you Gold Standard!"

- Ryan Gates (Texas State University, student)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the chem/physical sections biologically based? And how much biochemistry is there in that section on the gs tests

Reactions: 1 user
"Is the chem/physical sections biologically based?" Mostly but not entirely! When students hear the name of this section "Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems" they expect that all the questions will be biologically based (a reasonable assumption based on the name). However, careful analysis of the AAMC's syllabus and current sample test shows that there is some content (a significant minority) that is either not biologically based or only obliquely so.

"And how much biochemistry is there in that section on the gs tests" We follow the AAMC standard outline for all of our full-length practice tests: each of the 1st and 3rd sections of the new MCAT (the 2 science sections) have approximately 25% of the questions covering Biochemistry.

Good luck!

Is there a psych/sociology section? Are the passages in that section experimentally based? In other words do the passages read like a peer review journal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can these practice test be purchased individually on the website?

Is there a psych/sociology section? Are the passages in that section experimentally based? In other words do the passages read like a peer review journal?

Yes, our practice exams include a full section for Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior balanced to include experimentally-based passages to the same extent as the AAMC uses in their practice materials (sample exam and Official Guide) and as has been reported by students who have experienced the real exam. This includes peer review journals as well as other sources. Of course we have a free practice test GS-Free with 78 multiple choice questions including Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior which you can test drive.

How were these tests developed?

We examined our bestselling practice tests for pertinent material, we closely followed the AAMC new MCAT materials and new MCAT announcements, listened to students' feedback who have experienced the real, new MCAT, and then incorporated everything together to create completely revised practice exams reflecting the content and feel of the new MCAT. It took some time and we are proud to say that, in our opinion, our exams are the closest thing you can get to the real deal (of course, aside from the AAMC's sample test)!

As a old MCAT test-taker, I have taken a few of the GS exams in the past... are these going to be similar to those exams? Will the interface mimic the new one of MCAT 2015?

Is there post-analysis of test results?

Can they be accessed internationally (China?)?

Thanks and I hope you guys continue to maintain your reputation with this new MCAT as well!

Can you purchase an account for access to the practice questions as well as the practice tests?

Would purchasing the older version of the GS exams still be beneficial when studying for the new MCATs? Or is it completely different?

do the accompanying videos cover content on practice questions or does it really dissect questions and answers and does it go into test strategy for each question

As a old MCAT test-taker, I have taken a few of the GS exams in the past... are these going to be similar to those exams? Will the interface mimic the new one of MCAT 2015?

Is there post-analysis of test results?

Can they be accessed internationally (China?)?

Thanks and I hope you guys continue to maintain your reputation with this new MCAT as well!

In our first version of the new exam, we had about 1/3 of 'old' content and that was based on the AAMC sample test and Official MCAT Guide. But after listening to student comments who experienced the real exam last month and this month, we reduced that to about 15% in order to give more space to research based passages. Yes, the interface will mimic the new exam including one question at a time.

For now, post-exam you will have answer, helpful explanations, video links for sciences, evaluation as to how others have done on that particular question, forum link to discuss that question, cross reference to read more, but no diagnostics at this time.
You can take any of the exams as many times as you wish as each score is saved in your personal history. After taking each exam, you will immediately receive your raw score, estimated scale score and estimated score range.

You will also be able to click on already taken exam to further your review with helpful explanations and forum links for all questions. We suggest that after reviewing the explanations, to consider taking brief notes and reviewing all of your notes prior to taking another exam (including the real test).

So far mcat-prep.com has not been blocked in China or elsewhere so it is available everywhere!

Would purchasing the older version of the GS exams still be beneficial when studying for the new MCATs? Or is it completely different?
Actually, we don't sell the old version of the GS exams as we believe students should only practice on what is being tested on the real test. The old exams do not have the newly added sections of the MCAT, for example. Therefore, we do not think it would be beneficial to practice with the old exams.

do the accompanying videos cover content on practice questions or does it really dissect questions and answers and does it go into test strategy for each question
We have added 3 hours of science teaching videos as a free bonus to help student understand the most tested science concepts of the MCAT. Depending on your already acquired knowledge, you should be selective of what videos you should be watching, i.e., if you struggle with Physics, you should watch Physics videos and so on. The videos don't dissect each question per say, they are added as a bonus to help you understand basic science concepts, which in return, will help you solve the questions.

Would you consider an App for the practice exams? I have 4 kids plus a full time healthcare career and have been out of undergrad for 25 years. To find 7.5 hours to do practice exams is honestly out of the question. I can however find intermittent bouts of time like 20 minutes to 1.5 hours and would love to be able to hammer away at practice questions wherever I might be, waiting for a kids soccer practice to finish, driving 4 hours to get to a hockey game, late at night when I have like 20 minutes to myself...

Would you consider an App for the practice exams? I have 4 kids plus a full time healthcare career and have been out of undergrad for 25 years. To find 7.5 hours to do practice exams is honestly out of the question. I can however find intermittent bouts of time like 20 minutes to 1.5 hours and would love to be able to hammer away at practice questions wherever I might be, waiting for a kids soccer practice to finish, driving 4 hours to get to a hockey game, late at night when I have like 20 minutes to myself...

We actually do have a MCAT app with 455 Q&A:
Problem solved!
:)

Thank you all for participating in this year's SDN Test Prep week and for your interest in our MCAT products. The two lucky winners to win 2 full-lengths practice tests are Rozayy and slow twitch :soexcited: Congratulations! Please, pm us your email address so we can set-up the online account for you.

We wish all of you the best of luck in your studies!

Gold Standard MCAT Team

Status
Not open for further replies.