2.98 cgpa. Should I wait to apply after spring grades come out when it will be 3.0?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

margs999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. I have a 2.98 cGPA 3.0 sGPA (514 mcat). When I get an A in my biochem course this quarter my cGPA will be at 3.0. Is it worth it to wait until late june to apply to just be at 3.0 or should I just apply early may and then send in the grade when I get it or will it be too late by then (screens etc)?

Members don't see this ad.

I vote wait. June is still early in the cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Title says it all. I have a 2.98 cGPA 3.0 sGPA (514 mcat). When I get an A in my biochem course this quarter my cGPA will be at 3.0. Is it worth it to wait until late june to apply to just be at 3.0 or should I just apply early may and then send in the grade when I get it or will it be too late by then (screens etc)?
Wait. I trust that you have a sharp rising GPA trend???

My last 50 units I'm at a 3.82. It was looking a lot better when grade replacement was a thing. Is that kosher? Any words of wisdom @Goro

Absolutely late june. You'll avoid screens this way, and still be early. Nice MCAT!