10 yr Death from Fentanyl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leaverus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Miami boy's death shows powerful opioid's chilling potential

"Preliminary toxicology tests showed he had fentanyl in his system, authorities said.
'We don't believe he got it at his home,' Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said Tuesday. 'It could be as simple as touching it. It could have been a towel at the pool.'"

A towel?! wtf.

Members don't see this ad.

Just watch more of the opiate hysteria now. Of course, nobody gets hysterical from the 90 firearm deaths we have every day in the US.

Reactions: 1 users
Miami boy's death shows powerful opioid's chilling potential

"Preliminary toxicology tests showed he had fentanyl in his system, authorities said.
'We don't believe he got it at his home,' Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said Tuesday. 'It could be as simple as touching it. It could have been a towel at the pool.'"

A towel?! wtf.

Next will be he breathed it in the air. Maybe next time for analgesia I'll squirt the fentanyl on to gauze and have the patient hold it

Members don't see this ad :)
May have possibly, maybe, it's conceivable, that he could have.... touched a fentanyl laced towel at the pool. Then returned home, began vomiting, then hours later found unconscious.

Yup, sounds just like a fentanyl OD. FFS. :smack:

Edit: ok, maybe significantly delayed absorption. Still sounds implausible to me though.

Wonder how mad the parent was when they found he'd gotten into their stash.

My hubby and I watch LIVE PD on the weekends. This past weekend they had officers in Florida who were freaked out by a gray powdery substance that was found on a person on a traffic stop. They said that they have come across heroin mixed with fentanyl, and they thought that is what this was. The officers had been instructed that it could be dangerous if touched or inhaled, and could cause an immediate reaction, possibly fatal. If this is not true, then there is a LOT of misinformation going out, by various routes.

My hubby and I watch LIVE PD on the weekends. This past weekend they had officers in Florida who were freaked out by a gray powdery substance that was found on a person on a traffic stop. They said that they have come across heroin mixed with fentanyl, and they thought that is what this was. The officers had been instructed that it could be dangerous if touched or inhaled, and could cause an immediate reaction, possibly fatal. If this is not true, then there is a LOT of misinformation going out, by various routes.

Street heroin is increasingly being laced with synthetic opioids from fentanyl to carfentanil. This is a potency issue and there have been cases of first responders/police officers having respiratory arrests from touching/inhaling powder.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...rdoses-from-powder-on-shirt-after-drug-arrest

Dermal absorption is questioned however;
https://news.vice.com/story/the-cop-who-said-he-odd-by-touching-fentanyl-is-probably-wrong

Last edited:
Came across this as a picture supposedly showing fatal doses of heroin vs fatal doses of fentanyl in powdered form.

Heroin-Fentanyl-vials-NHSPFL-645x645.jpg

Supposedly that's 3mg of fentanyl. If true, you could see how inhaling that amount would be easy to do without knowing, and 3mg would certainly put you down.

/Blade style thread jack. ;)