1 Question for Walmart Pharm Techs and Rph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teddybear123456

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently working at Walmart, and there still a lot learn from the computer system. Is there anyone who work at Walmart pharmacy could show me how to split prescriptions at the pick up window. Let say there are 3 prescriptions ready for pick-up and they are in the same bag. Now pt walk over and say they want to pick the 2 Rx today and they will pick up the third Rx tomorrow. How can I split the bag. Thank you so much for your answers!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

This info is a few months old, so things may have changed. Also, I forgot a couple of details

1. Select only the prescriptions the patient wants to pick up on the screen (check boxes)
2. Grab a second bag
3. Hit the checkout button
4. The screen will ask for the new bag number, and instruct you to place the meds the patient wants (or maybe the meds they don't want) in the new bag. - I forget
5. The bag of medications for current pickup will go back to bagging with a priority status (the other meds will also go back to bagging with a future fill status)

I think there is an SOP CBL on this. If you can, take your time on the CBLs. They show you some computer tricks. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,

I am currently working at Walmart, and there still a lot learn from the computer system. Is there anyone who work at Walmart pharmacy could show me how to split prescriptions at the pick up window. Let say there are 3 prescriptions ready for pick-up and they are in the same bag. Now pt walk over and say they want to pick the 2 Rx today and they will pick up the third Rx tomorrow. How can I split the bag. Thank you so much for your answers!!!!!!!

Are you spending your days at Tasco, son? Have the techs or clerk, if you have one, do all of that for you. Engage the pharmacists. Bring us back from our tech-conversation & incompetency induced coma. I love having interns around. I refuse to let techs dump on interns all the stuff they don't want to do.

Let them do all the DOB, last name, name, then repeat it because they mumbled it, bla bla and why this copay and why only 30 days? After all that nonsense is cleared by the techs, only then, allow them to hand you the prescriptions and you offer to counsel and done.